Laxmi Puja, last day in Kathmandu, buying cheap flowers, buying spices and flours for US, no mithaipasal lunch, Puja, Maligaun quick trip, second meal, mamaghar, nap, farewell [Sun 12]

Writing this exactly a week later in Seattle and all of this feels so unreal, like a dream or a Tv drama.
This was my last day in Kathmandu, and Laxmi Puja, I went to buy flowers and garlands for the house and all shopkeepers were complaining how oversupply had fucked the moves. Later in the day, dad and I went to Gyaneshwar mill and bought like 10 Kgs of flours and spices for me to bring to the US. We rode around for 15 mins trying to search Tongtimegs to buy but couldn't find any, neither did we find a place to eat Khaja as all shops were only selling mithai. I bought 250g of laddu at eyeplex Rameshwar and we went hope.

I napped and packed, and in the evening we did the puja. We ate a bit and drove to maligaun where we again ate a bit and left early as they had other plans. We went to mamaghar and thereto I bid farewell.
We got home at 9.30, I napped for a bit, got ready and we went to the airport. Because of the 1 minute I had to spend extra plastic wrapping the old and tattered luggage, I had to stand an hour extra in the slow line, but it's not like I was doing anything else anyway.

The line at immigration was remarkably short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.