First round of soupmaking was a success of sorts

For the first round of soupmaking that I learned from ED, I took the entire packet of frozen veggies and dumped it into the pressure cooker. In went frozen peas, frozen garlic, some butter, some leftover cheese, leftover frozen kinema from way back (which added such nice strong body to the soup actually, even though I found the pungency off-putting last year, thinking of making it again just to put in the soups) lots of salt, lots of chilly peppers. Two spoons of butter. Oh and spoonfuls of unidentified spice that's been lying around, the dark one.

The outcome was a pretty decent soup. On the plus side, it had all the right notes, tasted like something people enjoy eating, I it's not a slop or health-food, it's definitely something people eat for enjoyment. On the downside, I had no clue how long to cook soups for so it cooked for 20-25 minutes, so it's as good as mush and looked dark-brownish-green, which must have done no good to the nutrition profile. And obviously there's no texture to the food. So if I cooked again, I'd cook for much shorter, add more 'crunchy' items, dark,  'hefty' spices to give it more body, and that would be a great deal.

Honestly the only sort-of offputting thing about the soup I made is the color and the texture, which in the big scheme of things, not too much of a loss. If this is all it takes to make me eat my veggies regularly, yum yum yum, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.