Fruity essential oils for the apartment

I've been looking at essential oils to buy, the old set I got last year (or was it even older) isn't doing it anymore. There's this highly industrial smell in several of those bottles, and there's only two I like out of a set of eight or so. And it's clear there's so much fraud in the essential oil industry it's not even worth looking into seriously unless one really really trusts one's sources. Like seriously, the range for pricing of '100% authentic essential oil' is at least 20x, and I don't know if that's even in the 'luxury' category. How does one trust one's supplier if the another guy is selling for 10x the price, or how do you trust one isn't getting ripped off if the other guy is selling for a quarter of the cost? The world of essential oils is sketchy and unreliable one. Having said that, one does need them.

I realized I much prefer the 'fruity' side of essential oils, because they make my apartment smell fresh and springy. The 'musky, man' smells like leather etcetera are not preferable because it appears that it's like the default smell of weird old buildings anyway, and it's preferable to add vitality and life to an old building such as mine rather than go all-in with the 'creepy lighthouse keeper who's probably the murderer but the police won't charge him even though they know it as he's going to die anyway' vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.