Mushroom farming more seriously

I need to take mushroom farming more seriously if I want to get in the hobby. I've talked about it and ambled and rambled on for years, and there's this fear of failure, of fucking things up grandly if I don't do it right. Which is like fair enough, but nothing will get done, ever if I keep being such a scaredy cat! The strategy for me is to just to it, and if I fail I fail, so what that's life you live you learn and thank the gods you had eggs in multiple other baskets so it's not like the end of the world. If I find this hobby to be as interesting and satisfying I'll pick it up again, if not there's tonnes of other hobbies to go. Much like gaming, perhaps it's something I'm not really ready to properly do or execute but watch other people do?
 

That's the mindset I'm taking with upcoming projects, 2 hours of lost time is not a lot, but 3 hours of planning and pushing things for the fear of having wasted the 2 hours of work for nothing is lots, I'll have lost hundreds of dollars on the hobby by not trying than if I'd tried, failed, learned and iterated. Ugh.
That's what the writing of this blog has taught me, fail fast hard and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.