Tea drinking, will it be a thing?

 Last evening I went to Cafe Vita and had their China Breakfast Yunnan Black tea and was so impressed by the whole situation, I figured I should get into tea, despite not being well-designed to handle teas in the first place, and also caffeine is more of a pain in the bu...body than anything else. So I made plans to go to Chinatown to this coffee shop, try all the fancy teas and buy like a whale, bigshot monied guy. A small-moneyed small-shot guy. Oh I thought, there's a tea in my apartment too, the one with needles, I think it's called..oh it's called needle, it's supposed to be one of the best teas in the world, yowza, so much to try, and brewed and drank and things were okay at first. I wasn't really digging the vibe, but I could see myself getting into it, eventually, maybe.

And then I had the worst fucking diarrhea I have had in Seattle. All night long, to the loo, as I write this the evening of the next day my body still hasn't recovered despite having eaten two or three solid meals since. Horrible hot hot shits. And it wasn't the soup because I had it before and since, and that didn't fuck me up. It's either the tea, or some container, or the almond milk, and I don't know if I want to find out which one, there's not enough spirit inside me to be so daring and experimental.

Or maybe it was the caffeine from all the teas? Should I try again, sneak attack just a little bit?

I've always had light black teas and herbal teas in the winter, plain black with no sugar or milk added. I was considering going upscale, loose tea, single-origin, no blends. Maybe the diarrhoea was the universe's way of telling me to keep it basic, or something.

Dunno. I might try again. I'll update if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.