Ten recipes and cooking ideas I've brought back from Virginia, that I want to explore more of

1. Thenthuk is super easy to make, tasty and with eggs, a complete meal. I should make more thenthuk.

2. Jackfruits, canned, are versatile, tasty and have a meaty texture. Plus not too hard to make either. Need to try my had there.

3. Kadhi is just yogurt curry, add garlic, oil, tumeric and curry, that's your curry to be eaten with rice there! Add solid chunks like soy ones or pakoras if texture is needed.

4. Soy chunks or nutrellas are fun, easy-to-use ingredients that I should use more.

5. Making vegetable momo is nowhere as hard as I feared, can can be done at a fast pace if the workflow has been figured out. Momo is cheap, healthy and yummy, should make at eat more!

6. Last year I learned the 'throw everything but the kitchen sink in terms of grains to make jaaulo' from ED. This year I learned to dump all the leftover veggies in the fridge into the pressure cooker to make soups. Quick, easy, and yummy, plus kinda healthy and great for the winter!

7. Vermicelli noodles. They are a great ingredient, specially for savoury foods, I shouldn't fear them!

8. Karelas and other 'simple' veggies can just be cooked in the air-fryer without too much effort. Air fryer and an instant pot/pressure cooker can be all you need!

9. Eat more veggies and fruits, less potatoes and grains. Veggies are easy to cook, yummy, filling and good for one's heart!

10. Mulaa ko achar to be eaten with kodo/fapar ko roti is quick to make, can last long in the fridge, and yummy! It smells but who am I meeting anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.