Well-rested, dal-bhat chhop lunch, afternoon writing, walk to ballard in the cold, midwalk call with family, checking Mox out, grilled cheese and tomato soup sandwich, wings boardgame, taxi to roosevelt and train home, snugly in bed [Sat 13]

Had a long restful sleep at night.

Woke up a bit ate, and had dal bhat and chhop for lunch, after which I wrote for a couple of hours. Was planning on going to the standard walk route when friend SA texted me asking if I wanted to go to Ballard for a game night. Never somebody to back down on such social offer, I agreed immediately, and decided to walk all the way there, a two hour journey because that would make the most sense.

On the way, called dad and talked to grandparents from WestLake avenue. The walk I've written about on a separate post, it was pleasant even though the temperature outside was crisp. The streets that had heavy traffic were too noisy to listen to podcast but overall it was a relaxing and serene experience that suggested I should be doing more of such walks.

Got to Mox the boardgaming place before everybody did, spent 20 minutes checking it out. Lots of games, some of them so very expensive, in their store, wish I had the friend group and the people to play those games every so often, like once a week or a fortnight even. Don't even need friends, just players to hang out with.

Soon the rest of the gang showed up, we ordered dinner, I got grilled cheese and tomato soup, and after dinner we played a boardgame called Wings. Three hours spent just like that, I didn't even notice!\

Took the taxi to Roosevelt train station with the rest of the gang, then the train to Capitol Hill stop (which lucky for me happened to be the train's final stop!) and then walked home.

It was cold and windy outside, some rain even, snuggling inside my covers felt like heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.