Anchoring habits during weekends: round 2. How do I do it?

We have talked about this before, so it's worth talking again because things didn't change much since. I can get my weekday chores in order, because I wake up on time, I have work to go to, then I have a couple of 'triggers' that I can align myself to. But on weekends? Hard. Go to bed late because shit happens, then get up late because want to catch up on the snooze, then can't get anything good to happen as I'm cleaning the house, writing or relaxing. I don't feel the pressure really, do get shit done, which is the opposite of what other people do. It's like my weekends don't feel special anymore and all I do is relax, walk a little bit. Which is fine. But why don't I do more, the weekends are hundred percent my personal time, they should be leveraged into opportunities for self-discovery, growth, fun and exploration. But here we are, unable to setup anchor for our good habits, struggling with even the basest of productive tasks, and lumbering around, feeling guilty for not doing anything. Sad state of affairs this is, no two minds. Anything I can do to anchor events should be good. Perhaps I should try doing something starting next weekend, huuh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.