Some good optimizations on website, progress on productivity at work, hair stuff and other minor updates

 This is a collection a bunch of minor updates that I don't want to give independent posts out to.

Productivity at work has been rising, I've been able to maintain 25 minute focus sessions and write consistently through a few days now. That has translated into being more focused for proper work-work, and more driven for SAVERS too. I did it in full for the first time maybe, over 1.5 hours, earlier today, and if I can maintain that, and everything else, I can say with full confidence that I'll be more happy, more productive in my personal life, and more productive professionally. Need to maintain consistency, that's the most important thing.

With regards to the website, next quick goal is to force the search software to load only when somebody wants to search. Then the next step is to actually pre-index all the website. The way it's doing right now is crazy: it sends ALL text content to all the pages, and when the user clicks 'search', it indexes the texts first (taking forever), and eventually gets around to searching. So so very inefficient it's almost crazy. Worked a tonne at work on ironing that out, should have something cutting edge later.

As I get more comfortable with the website, the process of publishing, and the software that runs the themes etceterea, my pace of development, as well as posting should be increasing.

What else...Oh yeah I got a nice haircut, pretty short, and then had to do this crazy 'me' thing by shaving the sides like I always do. It looks like I got a cheap haircut and then went ahead and shaved my head, which unfortunately is too real, but this is my head and it's better that way, so suckit.

Discovered with kefir that the way to thicken it is to let it ferment for 2 days, and then in the fridge for a day or two. It gets slightly sour, but significantly more thick. I know exactly how to control variables there now.

Water kefir work goes on-and-off, but this is the furthest I've gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.