Version 0.5 of the website finally freaking almost ready!

More updates from the website side, for a couple of reasons. First, because this is the weekend and I have been taking it a bit too easy with this blog, I'm quite far behind and need to 'catch up' which means the quality and length of the posts is going to be...not good. So any meaty topic worth discussing is great. Second, I've been spending a good chunk of my days recently on it, with the posts, the editing, as well as the illustrations. It's only natural I want to talk about what I've been spending my time on the most, no?

The freaking great news is that I've posted most of the articles, the engineering topics online, and they're quite decent. I did some editing and they still sound a bit weird, but it's fine, i can go edit later. What needs to be done is to put like four or five more pieces that are pending, get images for about 20 posts, and the technical side of the blog will be done! I'll want to re-org some of the posts, so when I bring the table-of-content addon, they make sense, but that's not high on priority. Freaking finally, a month behind schedule! Ugh!

I've decided to re-evaluate what a good 'release' version of the website should be, and considering 'releasing' (for internal purposes, meaning me, my therapist and very close friends and family) a version 0.5 by the end of this weekend. It will have the engineering articles with the images, and the 'steal this idea' section, and not much more. The fermentland blogs, and 'about me' section, as well as the hobby posts will come as part of version 1. Which should be another week or so. I didn't finish it by February as intended, but that was a silly goal by the way it went on, so I'm glad we're at this point.

The illustrations are definitely being pulled in from version 2.5 to version 2, or even version 1, depending on how quick I'll be able to bash out dozens of quick sketches and drawings. The idea is to have an illustration for every idea I have from hereon, to summarize the content and help explain my ideas better.

I'm excited, afraid a little bit, freaking relieved so much. This has been a massive project, taken so much of my time and mental energy that...phewww. What a project. The goal is to post new articles every week or two going forward of course, so it'll never be done. It's a 'live' object at this point. Or when it's finally done anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.