Long, hot summer-ish days are here?

The summer quickly approaches, so it's time for the annual changeover of excuses to justify my daytime naps, occasional lethargy and general laziness from "it's so cold and gloomy I can't get anything done" to "it's so hot humid and tiring I can't get anything done".

Over the last week or so, afternoon naps have, somehow, become a thing. They don't last long, and recovery is swift and easy, but this is new, and I'll still blame the strong cup of tea I had earlier this week for that.

The new daylight savings time means the sun is out until almost 7 and the days are only getting longer, so there's a lot more of long bright and hot days to come. Add to that the weather has gotten so summery all of a sudden, it's hot and sunny all the time in addition to the long days, so that has me low on energy in the afternoon where energy is sapped away. It's hard to figure out what to wear in the afternoon for my walks too, sometimes it's far too cold and fifteen minutes later it gets sweltering hot.

A classic good new / bad news situation this is: lame weather and tiring, but potential for high energy, to get things done. I'm honestly looking forward to full-on Spring and Summer, the change in the scenery and seasons is very welcome. I do love Seattle's seasons and the whole vibe and life here. If only my social life were more active and aligned to my interests, there would literally be nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.