Kindle as a drawing device

It turns out that my Kindle scribe is actually surprisingly, shockingly good for the purposes of making illustrations and doing basic drawing. It's not the best, lets be clear, drawing straight lines is not easy and the lines have 'shake', but for what it is, the job done is commendable.

I'd done a few illustrations before, mostly random, and that one AS's portrait, but when I used it over the weekend to do multiple pages (14 by the latest count), it was pretty freaking easy. It's not going to win me any awards or contracts, but what a great and convenient tool it is to get started.

The pressure levels are not good, but one doesn't even need to care for pressure levels issue, oh and scaling of selected objects is fucked up, the stroke loses strength when scaled down, and low res selections don't scale up, you can't rotate or mirror selections, and drawing clean lines is quite hard, but besides that, it's actually pretty decent, I'll keep using it on my art journey until ready to take to the next level... which might be a while if ever, because I don't intent on becoming an illustrator, just somebody who can convert words and ideas into drawn figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.