Yet another reminder: do timed writings, at a given schedule, not post counts!

There's some good news, and there's some meh news. The great news is that my schedule at work, personal chores etcetera, is going bubblingly well. I have set a general time of the day to complete each of the task, so if not done my then I feel quite guilty and feel the strong urge to complete it before it's too late. Even meditation, visualization, affirmations are going swimmingly well. Reading hasn't kept up as well, yet, but I read so much news anyway, it doesn't matter. Unless I cut down on my news consumption, no point discussing the matter further. Anyway, the point is, it's been going well, for the last week or two, something worth being proud about.

But my hygiene with other habits, those at my personal time is all over the place. It's because I only complete the minimum, leave the important bits to the very end, right before it's time to sleep, and focus more on the post count of 5 per day rather than the amount of time that needs to be spent writing. It should always be 2 sessions of 25 minutes, which isn't that long. That way even if I don't feel like writing I know it'll be done when the time is over, so I might as well get it done.

What I need to do is be inspired by my achievements at work, and say, okay so 30 minutes of writing during the day, 30 minutes before bedtime, 1 hour of project work in the day, one in the evening, 15 mins of illustrations in the day, some in the morning, and so on and forth. Not doing it means it gets pushed to the very last moment. Like my PT workouts, which I've been skipping for so long because they get left to beyond my sleep time, and by then I have literally zero energy to workout. Who works out right before sleep, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.