Pasta problem

I don't like pasta. Never liked it. Don't get the concept. Just various shapes of 'noodles' eaten with various under-spiced sauces and pieces of meat. Always felt it was something eaten by people who were never quite sure about what a good healthy meal to cook for themselves was, and defaulted to various pasta shapes and sauces.

The problem I have is the guys, when they crashed at my palce, ate a tonne of pasta, and there's still a few packets of it that need to be finished. So every few weeks I take out a new packet, cook it fully and eat for a couple of days. I rarely ever have an amazing time eating it, but it feels the tummy, even though the insulin spike is quite comparable to that of rice. It doesn't feel like I'm actually eating anything good, you know? Like rice is real food, I consider even bread, or burgers to be real food. Don't mind me some quinoa or brown rice even, or even noodles. But pasta feels so very wrong. People talk about having amazing pasta, I believe what they mean is they were made an amazing veggie that they liked the taste and texture of, and pasta was the carb of choice at that time.

Maybe I should eat more fresh pasta, I would buy that my perception of the dish might change if I had the raw-dough dish instead of plasticized one. But that's neither here nor there, as things are right now, pasta is just meh, and the four packets of pasta in my pantry are a problem as they will need to be finished eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.