Celebrations and gifts

This will start a series of three or four posts about what happened yesterday and how it's so exciting and important.

Let's ask ourselves a question. If one has everything one desires more or less, and all of the needs have been met already, what's the best gift one can give to themselves?

My answer: a gift of a new exciting hobby, a gift of confidence in the said hobby, a gift of art, of vision for the art, and potential for where it might go. A gift of drawing is the best gift one can give themselves, and that's what I gave myself yesterday.

I had a lot of free unanticipated time and didn't know what to do with it. So I started drawing, and drawing, and drawing, on my kindle. From 6pm to 2am, and then a couple of hours in the morning. Ended up drawing twelve pages or so. And some of them were so good! I could see myself improving through the pages. I basically wrote a mini goddamn comic based on stick figures! I'm so very proud. This is the future of illustration, and my art hobby. Lots and lots of drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.