Oops I did it again, accidentally storyboarded my favourite movie!

This is the second part of the series about how I'm crazy excited about the sketching I did yesterday.

I was free with lots of time and bored to death because of the cancelled dinner, and decided to give myself the gift of art. So I started illustrating for my website: bunch of drawings for kimchi, kombucha, kefir fermentations. They were quite good by my standards if I may say so, and I was quite proud. But you can do fermentation illustrations only so much before they get repetitive and boring, so I figured out I should look into something else. I'd been looking to do stick figures since looking at a couple of art-related business books.. So that was a good theme to practice on. But what's the theme, I thought...

And then it came to me. Hngm, the movie I've been talking everyone's ears off about. I drew the first scene of the movie, and the second, and the third, and on and on and on. I ended up spending about six hours doing movie scenes, which turned out to be a storyboard basically. I have like 18 scenes from the movie in 12 pages of drawing. It was such a wild thrill to see the idea from my head, concepts from a movie, words, take the form of an image.

I was freaking addicted to it. It was wild fun, such a useful hobby to have too. This is something I'll follow up on, practice for a couple of minutes daily, because it'll build up into a better blog, a better way of thinking about the world, and just a kickass skill to impress everyone with.

I'm excited, if you can't tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.