I miss Nepali pop rock from the 90's

These days I've been listening to Nima rumba pop rock from the 90's, early 2000's as I write these posts. This is a conscious, intentional plan to 'listen to more music' and 'music makes me more productive, possibly, so I should give it a shot'. I never listened to Nepali pop rock back in its heydey, because I was a bit too young for the time and also for some strange reason that might have to do with how geographically unstable my early childhood was I couldn't really sit down and listen and there was nobody to listen music with me. So music didn't form as strong an emotional connection as for most people, not with Nepali pop rock anyway (Kishor kumar is a different story, a tale for another day there).

And man, the music is quite good actually, it helps me get focused and pumps up my energy level, I don't feel like half-assing posts, I actually am tight with my timelines and goals, and as long as I'm  listening to music and writing, I get it done. So yeah, even though I thought it was quite annoying at the time, Nepali pop rock has grown on me.

On reason might be because the music so honest, so pure, so optimistic. It seems from a long-gone era when there was good things to look forward to, and everyone hadn't lost their mojo as Austin Powers might say.

Oh also, I very much want to be rock popstar now, even a not-very-popular one. 

This is evolving, I'll probably write a lot more in the coming days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.