Going to the office: worth the hike?

I've written about this in the earlier post when I wrote about techniques to improve productivity. I want to focus this post more specifically on the potential benefits of going to the office almost daily during work hours instead of coffee badging that has been happening over the last several months.

The one benefit is going to be that it'll be a nice change of scene from staying cooped up in my place and either going to the park or the grocery store. It'll be my uhhh third place, besides home and the park (or trader joe's that I consider to be an extension of the park basically). Besides that I'll get to meet coworkers, and eventually meet the same people consistently and have some sort of work group going. My attempts to set that up in the past have failed miserably, but now's the opportunity.

Then there's the benefit of free tea and coffee offering there. I could increase my tea intake significantly for no extra calories (zero caloric sweetener), and hope that it positively influences my productivity. And just the short tea runs are fun in themselves, instead of walking over from my couch to the counter, the walk from the workspace to the office kitchen is much more fun. 

Finally there's the gym. My office has a gym that I've signed up for. I could see myself going there on a consistent basis, even if for a few minutes, doing minor exercises and what not. Start simple with strength and stamina building workouts and see where we get from there?

I could definitely see a potential in the workouts, the productivity promise, and the socialization prospect... Three or four times weekly, as I'm planning right now, seems a bit of hassle with the traffic noises etc, but hey summer's coming and my apartment is gonna be hella hot. I could just chill and relax in the kitchen and not be so stressed out about things as I'm at home...Plus if I get most chores done at home, office time could be relaxation and focused work time...So something else that I might want to prioritize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.