Sneaky sneak upping the expectations from my routine?

The goal is to sneak up on yourself, become a different, better person while keeping your same core self and interaction with the outside world. And by the end of it, your 'mind' will not have realized you actually improved yourself, and it didn't get the chance to resist and make it more difficult than it needs to be!

So here's some plans for upcoming weeks that I'm eventually going to put in my daily checklists. I have 10 minutes of reading in there but barely get eight or ten minutes on good days, which is such a pity because only a few weeks ago I was doing hours and hours of daily reading. Need to up the reading to 30 minutes. No point in going to news sites and as such, or be on youtube. Reading is way more form and informative. The other point is to add illustration as a part of the daily routine. That has been a goal for the last many weeks, specially since last weekend, but haven't come around doing it. Guess it's just a matter of writing it down and following it. Just draw something, for myself, that'll help me get better at doing something I enjoy. Right now that means storyboarding and drawing 'comics', so that should be the aim. It's so fun! And at that rate, of say thirty minutes every day, I'll have illustrated my favourite movie in a week or two! That is such a mindblowing statement that...I have trouble internalizing that I'm still the same person. This is all so cool, so beyond me, apparently! But clearly not!

One more task for daily list: I've been doing workouts on-and-of, in the morning or the evenings, depending on the day and the mood, but obviously such sporadic and inconsistent work does no good. The plan is to do it twice: once during work hours, ideally around midday so 12-12.30, and again in the evening, around 8 or so, when I'm done with most of the chores and ready to go to bed. That way I'm stronger, more consistent. The ideal point would be if I could repeat this with reading and or meditation!

Finally, I gotta start a way to formalize weekly tasks too. The last bout of productivity that happened four years ago, it was quite hard to get me started on the weekly tasks. I would make lists telling myself to make lists, and maybe even made them, but never got executed. But the thing is there's tons of things like groceries, cleanup, vacuum that needs to be done every so often, regularly but not frequent enough. If I can internalize that as a part of routine, it'd be mwaaahh, perfecto!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.