Weekends have been a total wash, with the website project and what not

 I will not point fingers at anywhere specific but let's just say the last couple of weekends have not been very fun. They feel repetitive, not very fun, and I waste most of them discovering oh I missed this one thing or the other. Some of it has been the website project, since I've been conquering days and nights to get it done but that doesn't give the whole picture. Even on nicer weekend days I've shown laziness to walk a lot, to just be out and about, explore the world, clean my place, cook, and generally enjoy the bounty mother nature has given us residents of the Pacific NorthWest. 

What's a good productive weekend day look like for me? I wake up early in the morning, do my wakeup routine for an hour, including breakfast shower workouts reading and meditation for an hour. Go on a nice walk, do a quick grocery run. Flower my plants, and clean my kitchen, let the robo vacuum up both my rooms, then a quick mop. Relax for a bit, talk to friends and family, write for an hour or two, and then it's midday. Hang out with friends for brunch, come back, movies or more writing, dinner preparation, and invite people over for food, or head out somewhere. Or even go down to Chinatown if nothing else.

It's an ideal scenario, and I have been doing none of the aspirational tasks. It's so silly. It's not like my Fridays are wild, not like there's other commitments. But still the days feel wasted, don't really take advantage of all the free time I'm given. Perhaps the sort of relaxation I have right now is the end-goal, that I aspire for the 'good stuff' described  above, but don't really want it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.