Haircut and Xi'an foods [Mon 18]

quinoa with eggplant and green veggies for lunch, all work chores done perfectly!, relaxing walk to volunteer park in the sun, cherries are out, blog and website after work, haircut, two showers, cold outside, U-District trip, Xi'an dinner, so full and excited pumped with energy, dropped home, unproductive evening

Writing this the following evening, I'm getting more back on track than in the past, pumped up about that. Should be writing these journals the morning of the following day ideally but ugh need to get other ducks in a row too.

Had quinoa with eggplant and green veggies stew for lunch. Did most of the planned chores at work, which was a fantastic win as that was the goal set two days ago. Went on a very relaxing walk to volunteer park, the sun was out, everybody was happy and relaxed and picnicking. Also the cherry blossom is out in full force, so it looks amazing! Showered immediately after work, wrote on the blog and website, and then went to the nearby barber to get a haircut, showered again. So many showers!

In the evening headed towards U-District in trousers and t-shirt. Way, way too cold weather for t-shirts even though I was burning during the day, the weather is so weird as of late. They're saying this was a faux spring or faux summer and I buy that!

We ended up at Xi'an foods, a glorious choice, as PS and R and I fed ourselves to the brim and I ended up paying only 75 buckaroos. Love the place, the mapo tofu was almost decadent, the tea eggs are a revelation that I need to understand better and the sweet and sour soup was supremely relaxing. After spending a couple of hours chatting and just relaxing, P dropped me home. I fixed a couple of lunr issues for the website, but otherwise the evening was quite unproductive...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.