Back from vacation

It's the eighth of November, and I haven't had anything to post for the last eight days. Well technically I wrote a bunch on the first and the second but backdated them but that doesn't count, still haven't written anything in a long long time.

 The reason is that I was on a mini-vacation, to get away from the stress of the US elections, the implications of it, work stress, personal life stress and the numerous ailments bothering me. Needed a refresh, a cleanup of sorts. So I went to brookline to the folks' place, chilled for a couple of days, took three days off of work. Watched a TONNE of movies, animated shows, walked so much, more writing coming up on that, cooked a bunch, so much experimentation and now I'm back. Back back back. The amazing thing about the whole situation is I didn't take my work laptop, took this laptop which is the personal laptop and didn't take it out even once. Didn't want to check up on anything, didn't want to write whatever. It felt less stressful.

What did feel maybe a little bit more stressful was that I removed all the blocks from my phone and was on totally timewasting websites 24/7 refreshing, looking at comments, waiting for new information and commentary to arrive. About the election but also generally. So hungry for information I was, it was wild. Even while walking, while chilling, I couldn't stop thinking for the first few days. As the days went by, things settled down and I felt better. And now I'm ready to rule the roost so to speak.

At this point it's unclear if I can maintain an average post count of whatever over the entire month of November, I've done this in the past if you'll remember in July I skipped writing anything for the first week of the month, and recovered later. We might be in a similar scenario here. Or maybe not, maybe I'll just keep going from here without bothering to maintain a pace, so the future me can be proud of the accomplishments. What's looking clear at this point is that this month may be the first time in...ever ever that I'll be writing fewer posts than I did the last year. Bummer, but I can't always write and write and write more because that's how you explode. I do have a list of 8 or so topics that I'll be writing on, and the daily journals obviously they'll be written, half-assed or not, so we'll be halfway there. The 'other' halfway is going to be hard, fiction writing's been tough lately anyway. Thinking of letting myself go off the deep end and go back to 'get in front of the keyboard and type a thousand words, don't think of what anybody's gonna think bout it' mode, because that's the only way any real fiction-writing will be done.

Bunch of more posts incoming, so watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.