Election terrors

As the regular reader aka you of this blog will have noticed, I have been -- had, rather -- stressed out quite  bit about the election for the past several weeks. There were nightmares, anxiety issues, plans for the future, uncertainty, fear all of that.

That affected my writing, I couldn't think of anything else. It affected my meditation, I couldn't get my 'activation energy' up to the point to start meditating which would calm me down because things were so crazy. It affected my communication with others because I was so gloomy and afraid and since this is literally what anybody will talk about, I didn't want to talk. It also affected my sleep cycle.

The election night was...a bit of a relief, the relief you get after you've jumped off the cliff or a plane, you know there's nothing that can be done now, all there's to do is to accept your fate and live with it.

And obviously eventually things worked out. I'll be writing another post of how the election results came in and helped me feel better, but suffice to say, thank fucking god it's over.

My productivity at work was completely shot, I even missed out on the meeting with the counselor because I was too distracted because of the stress! Things were shutting down. As again, thank gods things are recovering now, if nothing else there's some breathing space over the course of next few months and at least two years. Potential to make backup plans and execute them on a less accelerated pace, if I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.