Holiday season at home after forever

I hadn't been home for the Dashain-Tihar holidays season in... forever. By which I mean at least since
2010. And my mom doesn't even remember me being ' home for Laxmi Puja... ever, though I have distinct vivid memories of it. This time due to unrelated circumstances I found myself at home during 'the festivals, at it has been great.

I did a lot lot of manual work helping my dad paint the pots, clean the house, manage the garden and setup the sparkly electronic lights. I'd never before found myself being 'involved in the matters of home during this time, ever, because I was far too young and otherwise occupied before and also we used to have helpers then. Now it's all up to my parents, and the folks who sent the downstairs apartment; oh they did most of the hard work too.

Good times. Good times during the festivals in Kathmandu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.