I don't have the constitution to bear the evening Kathmandu Traffic

Evening traffic in Kathmandu is absolutely insane, bonkers, crazy, unmanageable, and impossible to deal with in a 4- Wheeler. The hours between 5- 8 particularly on the weekends but not necessarily so, see vehicular traffic inside the city on a near-standstill. Combine that with drivers 'flexible interpretation of traffic laws, lack of proper laws with large buses and public transportation, the insane pedestrians and a limited supply of traffic police and you have a traffic insanity soup. Cars and SUV's basically don't move at all, two-wheelers can move with agility only because of the riders 'lack of regard for their own lives.

With all that, is it really that much of a surprise that I, used to my traffic-free, chill and relaxed circumstances where I use my two feet as the primary means of moving about the town, don't have the constitution and mental fortitude to bear the stress and anxiety caused by the evening traffic in Kathmandu?

I pity the poor souls who must live and die by it every day and wish them all the luck that they may find beck and chance to get out of the traffic nightmare and find themselves settled in peaceful, nice areas of the world where the situation of vehicular traffic on the streets won't become primary accelerator of their mortality. I, for one, am so freaking 'glad I don't gotta deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.