If I have posted this on my blog, my kindle-writing journey has been complete

As I write this, this is the fiftieth kindle-written post in Nepal, and 80ᵗʰ( ish) forever. And it's been 3 weeks(?) since I received the device. I have already titled 10 more, will write 7 more immediately, and it's looking mighty likely all the travel posts will be written on this device. None of the Nepal posts have been published but that's a technicality that'll be solved as soon as the current uncertain situation is fixed. Oh and yesterday I left the device at a restaurant, went back to pick it up a bit earlier. I was mildly nervous, and it felt like I didn't have my phone with me. I now realize this device is a legitimate replacement/alternative to my phone's distractions and I'm loving it!

Despite writing all these words the nib of my pen hasn't grown significantly which is an exciting prospect. Plus, I changed the device 2.5 weeks ago and it's still got 30% Juice in it, so the battery life has been encouraging too.

It's too early to call a total and complete victory at this point, and how I feel at six-month-mark and after a year will be the real judgment on the outcome of this ( not very) grand experiment. But for now it's looking like what that expensive bike-buying 'did for my friend N( he got really really serious about the hobby).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.