In drive is 3x the public transport prices, 8 ✗ the speed, and 20 × the convenience, AKA I'm a new convert

I am so, so god damn thankful for the ridesharing apps in Kathmandu, specially the bike ones.

Going from Boudhha to home cost be 100 bucks during the evening 'rush hour and 30 minutes. I got off outside my gate. Doing 'so on public transport would have cost 30 bucks, 10 mins in waiting, 15 mins of walking ', and 75 mins of staying in the uncomfortable, smelly, slow and loud public transport.

This is so much better it's not even a fair competition. I value my time, I have things to do, places to go, people to meet. Not in the exciting sense but a more practical realistic sense. So why would I waste my time being uncomfortable in a tin trap when I still have to walk a lot and not even save any money? I'd rather Just walk all the way instead, or invest that money in my time& comfort.

I am a new convert to this, an excited one, so many people in Kathmandu have their lives enhanced considerably because of that. I mean, I'll still take public transport in Kathmandu but only when I have nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.