Chyagra meat in Kathmandu is hella pricey, man!

Late last week we went to Nagarkot, my dad wanted to try an interesting meat he hadn't tried in a while, so we went to Sallaghali to by himalayan goat( chyaagra) meat fed on natural and organic herbs and spices. My dad was clearly not prepared for the price-he bought only a half-kilo for the goat meat. Because they were asking ' for 2500 a kilo, which comes out to like$ 11 a pound, and in Nepal too! Insane under any circumstances but specially wild now because chyaagira is still out and consumed regularly during dashain. I was told that this particular place had 'special' chyagra fed on special feed... but due to the lack of certification and quality controls, I have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.