Our family needs to get rid of the old car

Our old family car that my dad started re-investing in since last year is nothing but a bottomless money pit. He's taken it to the mechanic a dozen times in a year, it's stayed at our place for half the time it's been at the mechanic's. It's older than I am, it's louder than a bus, it's so polluting it wont pass the city pollution mandate and can only be driven during off hours, it needs to be pushed to start, it's stranded my parents over a half-dozen times and... the only things it's got going are the high clearance and engine power( 2000 a diesel engine, only when it's working though). I've joked how keeping around a horse instead would have been cheaper and and more convenient to get around. It's an expensive, bankrupting 'hobby and passion project for our dad and really really needs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.