Tha: Chhen Mid-Baneshwar-A review

 Tha Chhen is a new nice new art restaurant, family run, that recently opened in my neighbourhood. I came here for the first time exactly a week ago, and I'm here again seven days after writing the title, filling 'in the text. It covers a couple of retail spots and looks to be a family repurposing the ground floor of their house into an eatery. The vibe is casual, not sketchy, definitely modern, and quite female-friends, which is high honors for a place in my book. Also it's the entire family working 'and interacting so sometimes it does feel if you're inderdicting 'in their filial matters but it's not too bad. The price is quite decent for a place of it's nature-basic teas at~ no, lemon soda at~ 100, and moms at~ 200. The newari foods are all decently priced too.

Quality of food is quite good. Their vegetarian interpretation of traditionally meaty items I found interesting, Such as alu-tama in the veggie chatamari, but I imagine that's how different families do it and I'm not completely opposed to such experimentation and innovation. Their meaty items leave little to desire 9 out of 10 total.

Their Thwon was the worst I've tasted anywhere, ever, and I make them so much better. Tested heavily watered-down and artificially sweetened though they Swear up and down no fake sugar was added. I'd avoid the local booze here.

Decent place to go with friends, all by yourself, or take home food from. 8.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.