Bike repairs [Wed 29]

It's 12.07 at night, here's what I did over the course of the day in reverse chronological order.

Spent an hour and half checking youtube and various random websites because I didn't feel like being productive. Had some fries the guys made, did pushups -- I'm up to fifteen now.

After coming back from fixing my bike, talked to P from VA and discussed future plans. They will be owning their house in a few short days, there's a lot of excitement around that. Talked about the NZ plans, moving to different places, PA Southie etc.

Finished work at 4.30, spent the following hour and half writing a bunch of posts. Talked to the roomies, they were watching the old mafia series based in Jersey.

Collected my wd40, my spray grease and a couple of pieces of equipment, and went down to fix my bike. Pumped the air, wd40'd away the rust, cleaned up the old-looking parts, and oh boy, she's looking like a beaut. One of the brakes are still broken, the other brake is very noisy, and the gear system's been done for since 2018, but runs just as well and so comfortable. What an obvious match we were! Talked to SS [PhD] about doing fun things later in the week, he has the allen wrench I can use to fix my lights.

Got up at 7, felt really drowsy, went back to sleep to get up at 8.45, not very fresh yet. Ambled into work. Work was good today, difficult things were done. Not too many meetings. Had the same lunch s yesterday -- shakshuka beans and wheat tortillas. Listen to chill songs, no series watching or listening to podcasts for me today. Tomorrow's looking like it could be an extraordinarily productive day.

It's 12.13 and I'm done with the day's posts. Maybe one more post, which will have been putting out pieces here for the day I originally planned to, a welcome change for what's been happening this month. It will have taken a month for me to recover, but no one's going to notice now that I didn't write anything for the first eight days of this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.