Room-cleaning, fun dinner, laundry, cool catchup [Sat 25]

It's 1.13 AM of the next day, and I'm in a hurry to finish all the daily journals so I can write other posts. I'm 'behind' my expected schedule by 14 posts, if I can get it down to 8 or so, I'll make it up the rest of the week by doing a couple of extra posts every day. Instead of the nonstop barrage I'm having to produce once every couple of days. My mind is not so creative, it gets tired real fast.

I got up first at 7.15 am as I've been doing since getting back to Boston. The sleep was so sound and refreshing I could feel it in my muscles. Not a surprise. Tried to take myself back to sleep and whaddya know up at 11.30.

Got cleaned up had juices, and started cleaning my room. Vacuumed the dead bugs, cleared all my clothes and belongings, swept the room multiple times. Changed all the sheets etcetera, got clothes in order. Set three rounds of clothes for laundry, ended up doing three rounds of washing and four of drying because my loads were big and the dryers small.

In the evening, left for Harvard Square to meet SS [HLS, corporate lawyer soon]. The last time I'd seen her was in Jan, with TD at Felipe's. Walk there took 45 mins, checked her place out, picked food from the Asian fusion place we'd ordered at, and sat down at the Park in Harvard. The same where all the Boston based actors fought each other when they were younger. I should really find my earpods and charge them because these silent walks aren't as illuminating as one imagines them to be. There's a post here somewhere about how it's different when you're listening to something when you're walking versus nothing in your ears, but this was a total waste of listening opportunity.

SS and I caught up for 2 hours about everything. What she's been upto, her future plans, her immediate plans. And how she's getting an apartment in NYC and is totally okay with us crashing in her place. She's one of the nicest people I know and I say this not just because I met her today and sent the link to here to encourage to explore doing things she's not necessarily good at.

LOOK AT ME! What am I even doing here! Why am I making an idiot of myself like this? This doesn't matter at all! What an embarrassment. Etc, etc.

I kid.

Solid solid dinner, I got eggplant and rice. It wasn't as spicy or well-spiced as I would have liked it to, but the onion was surprisingly crispy, so good. Eggplant's been growing on me as of late, this could be great I could explore the wild things I could do with the vegetable.

Good times.

We had same white-shirt-grey-shorts combo, which I suppose says a lot about our shared great taste I hope. Because that was my only wearable t-shirt that didn't need ironing and all my shorts are grey now. So weird.

Got back at 9.30, talked for a bunch with ND, did another two load of dryers -- leaving my clothes overnight because I'm too lazy. Talked some more with ND, and while she was busy with something else snuck into my room, got my cellphone to charge, and got this laptop up and running. I write this from my personal laptop, which I've started using after five months. Feels good to be back.

Since then I've been writing, probably another hour of mediocre content generation and first night on my own bed in an era it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.