Six hours on the train to Boston, the plans

Got a train ticket for 7am on Sunday, should be a six hour journey to Boston, fifteen minutes at South Station waiting 45 minutes to get to the station just to be sure and 20 minutes to get home. I'll get home on Sunday by 2.30 in the afternoon. Considering taking Monday and Tuesday off because it's past the middle of the year and I haven't taken too many days off this year besides the bigfat chunk in February. I burned all the days from last year need to work towards burning this year's holidays. Folks at work are encouraging everyone to take days off since it's all so weird everyone's vacation plans are cancelled they don't know what vacation is and what it is not and what is there to do even by taking time off work.

That's a conversation for a different day.

Worried a little about the six hours in the train. Choosing train over flights or buses because the logic is, at least there's place to hide from other people. Hopefully everyone will be caring and maintaining proper distancing. At least Amtrak is doing proper social distancing rules, selling half as many tickets so I get a row all for myself. With a full-body PPE, a mask and a crappy head protective plastic, should be reasonably safe.

The six hours are going to be rough. The last time I took an Amtrak ride which was when i came to Philly it was manageable, two hours of relatively productive bashing of the keyboard. The scenery is great, not at all disappointed by what was outside unlike the I95 which is the least scenic method of transportation in the world. Never taken a train in the U.S for this long, it's so comfortable so might be able to get some solid sleep. By the time Boston's in the horizon, may not even have to sleep!

Podcasts are so very relaxing during a long train ride but after a couple of hours it gets tiring. Listening to people talk takes some energy away. The Office is rejuvenating, so there's something else I'll be doing.

Not going to be eating anything in the train. It's not a good idea to take off the mask no matter what and I've still got bad memories of the rude idiots who had a drink in front of their seats just so they could take the masks off their faces. Gorging on whatever is good from Saturday evening before leaving for the station.

I bought a cheap kobo reader. Might read something there too haha, I've not read anything thic in two months now. Planned to read a book a week, totally manageable aim by the way, and just...slunk out of the commitment. Might be able to pull it off better when there's a nice bed to sleep on, my own. Need to work on that.

If I knew crocheting, I'd definitely do that. People have been getting deep into the woods with it and everyone seems to love it. Haven't had the time or mustered up the energy for this, but it should be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.