On my room being occupied by bugs

I'll keep this short. My body aches because it's the hardest I've worked out in a long while, and also the first time I did anything that could be described as 'swimming', too many muscles that had never before been extended worked overtime today, they need some rest.

A few days before I came in to Boston my roommates informed me there were a couple of patches of small bugs in my room. Not bedbugs or lice, they explained, but more like woodroaches. They took photos of the insects and looked them up online. Spraying the room with insecticides so I'd have a leg up in getting rid of them didn't work out because one of them was not here and the other had sprained his leg attempting to go on a run.

I took a report of the situation. It wasn't too bad. There were a couple dozen on the floor, and a couple on my bed. Totally manageable. Went to Home Depot and got two different kinds of insecticides: one to spray directly at them so they died on contact, and the second one was a 'fogger'. So a fogger for insecticides is kind of like the smoke grenade dwight uses in the office. You shut the doors and windows of a room, make it as airtight as you can get it, and turn this container on and escape. It slowly releases the chemicals and fogs up the room. The longer you leave the room the stronger it will work. It will penetrate corners and light clothes to kill the buggers off the face of the earth.

The next day I broomed the crap out of them, the dead ones. So many dead bodies of bugs in so many corners. I'm glad I used the foggger because I wouldn't have seen half of them had I tried manually spraying on them. There were still a few dead ones left in the deep corners that I missed out on because it got too tiring. Kept cleaning the room over the next few days. And now there are none.

Until recently I saw one or two of those bugs around the room walking hiding all dazed and confused probably wondering where the rest of their clan is. At first I was concerned there might be a nest I'd not thought about, then I realized there had to be a few that must have survived somehow. Made sure to take care of those that I found, and hand-sprayed the general location where I saw them. Three days on and I haven't seen any anymore. I've been brooming the room every day too, just to make sure there aren't any left to stink up my room.

If I see more than a couple within the next week, I'll set off another round of fogger in the room so that their mating cycle is disrupted. The eggs will have hatched, but the new bugs will not have reached sexual maturity to lay eggs, so they'll die childless virgins. And thus they'll be eliminated forever.

I have a few bites on my legs and arms from the first day I got back to Boston. Surprisingly they were not from my room but from SM's room, when I didn't cover myself with blankets and got bitten by mosquitoes. A little ironic, in my opinion, that when there was a minor infestation of bugs, I was bitten but not by infesting bugs but the lame boring mosquitoes instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.