Out of sight out of mind

I've proposed several theories on what factors contribute/have contributed to my blogging productivity, productivity defined as the raw number of words barfed out, in these pages.

I'm presenting a new one here, one that has clearly trumped every other one this year and has been the defining one in recent times. My access to my laptop and a comfortable place to sit down and write. February saw effectively no posts because I had all the time in the world but no chair and desk to sit down and write without being bothered by anyone. It's hard to be in the middle of writing something great..ish.. and having someone peek over and ask what are you doing. Or on separate occasion, someone pulling your hair or your beard or your ears, poking your belly. And I'm not talking about children. Grown children.

So that's what's been up. This was a four day weekend I didn't do anything in because I didn't open my laptop at all. I didn't open my laptop because there was no proper place to sit down and write. And if there was, pest pestering about as you try writing is not fun. I love my friends. It's strange. I don't want to say greatness because that lies beyond the horizon always, it's hard to even get to an okay fabricated amount of productivity just because you can't get undisturbed minutes of peace and silence. Despite this being wordvomit which is also going to be the title of the next post or so.

That's where we are. I'd be at 20 if things were normal but after this we'll be at one. This one. A post explaining the trend of why nothing's been written.

It's also lame to write 'cover-up posts' for days I didn't write just to get the average where it should have been. Jussayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.