NFC pay is great!

 Because my credit card was expiring and they won't ship it to me no matter how much I beg, I reached out to BofA to help me set up something. It's my oldest card, and if it's cancelled I take a big hit on my credit score. With the NZ plans and all that wouldn't hurt too much, but those plans haven't solidified yet, So still worried about those.

They suggested I set the card up with google pay or one of those pay systems if I wanted to use it immediately, before the card arrived physically. So I set it up right there and then, and using it activated it. I'm not in love with the card, it's just there to improve my credit score.

Anyway, after a 30-minute distraction I'm back to writing this. As I was saying, I set it up with Google pay.

Used it in a couple of places, and it's instantaneous, it's so great! You just touch the device that eats cards, and no wait, you're done! No pressing buttons, no fiddling around with stupid pens, no waiting for 'verification', the entire process is done before you realize what's happening.

I've used it twice now, and both times it was confusing. Because it happened so quick I thought something was wrong or I needed to wait for some screen. Nope. Touch, done. Like magic.

Now I'm thinking of setting up my other cards, so I can choose at pay time which one I want to use.

It IS really great! You don't even need to carry your card. Only thing is, now your phone becomes even more important, and if you lose your phone you lose your finances, but ah well, one progress at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.