The broken machine

 So you're saying the machine stopped working completely, without being touched, or being messed around in anyway?

Yes sir.

Despite having working perfectly after the last repair for three years, and exactly one week after our worst worker who I told you repeatedly to not let in contact with our expensive machinery started working in the sector, after you vouched for him and agreed to take full responsibility for him?

It appears to be the case sir.

And what do YOU have to say to this?

Listen Jacky, this man here made a mistake okay he stands for his fellow employees and people he cares about? He's done an amazing job for himself throughout the years, of course, and this is one minor mistake. I say we fire the idiot, and leave it at that, and make sure mister foreman here is more careful of his judgement the next time around. Isn't that right?

He has disappointed me. I'm fully responsible for this fiasco, will call the supplier for the replacement parts and bring in the support engineer. Anything else I can do, gents?

I'm sorry or losing my temper at you Jon, you did take responsibility for him and your trust was misguided. Will keep that in mind when you're vouching for somebody the next time, haha. Yeah I think that's it, unless you have anything else?

Nawh man that's it, thank you sir for being a great worker and looking after your folks. Lets get it fixed as quickly as we can . I want a say in the hiring of the replacement for the guy...actually we'll both be involved in the interview. Not interested in micromanaging, but gotta admit man we've got to get the personnel situation under control. Keep us in the look yeah bud?

Will do. I'll see you gents the next week then. Have a good weekend!

Thanks Jon, you too, have a great weekend!

Yeah man, have a heckuva time with your family and kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.