A day of intense walks, great food, good news trickling in [Fri 6]

 After getting up at 8 in the morning, had basic breakfast. Caught up on the news, bunch of youtube videos on tiny houses.

Went on a short walk around the neighborhood to get the sun and freshen the mood.

Convinced the group to go on a long walk. It was decided, so we packed picnic blanket, chiura, bhujia, and waiwai noodles.

Walked to JP, where we had amazing lunch at this fancy grocery store. And boiii it was fancy, I've never seen a place that sells ginger at 10 bucks a pound, like seriously. I thought a dollar for a pound was expensive at Haymarket and wanted them to give me two, three pounds like I'd gotten earlier in the fall. The sandwiches weren't that expensive, ten bucks most, so that was a relief.

The four of us, three of the Brookline gang, and I sat in the tables outside, and spent a good 45 minutes eating. The local bees kept troubling AD and he had to run away from them, though they didn't seem to be hassling anybody else. It's as if bees can sense fear and go after the person who'd be most bothered by their presence. I couldn't finish the large sandwich I had. I'd ordered half an order of the sandwich but they misheard and JD didn't want to correct them so it was fine. Since I couldn't finish it, offered it to her and she gladly gobbled it up. I ribbed her lightly for that.

On with the trip we went! We walked into Franklin Park, it's a really well-preserved forest, not too well-tended so it looks like you're actually at a park a forest and not somebody's backyard. Walk around it, skipped around the zoo, went up a hill to oversee a large public golf course kept going on. I was on top of my game, great eye-to-eye convos with cute girls obviously for nothing but at least I'm not incapacitated in there.

We stopped by a pond after two and half hours of walking for some rest as we caught up on the news. Orange blizzard was pretty much out of the game at this point so we sighed in relief. Chilled a bunch and made plans for ahead. We wanted to see the cemetery before going to the arboretum. However luck was not on our side as we had to cross and walk along a highway for several minutes before finding an entry to the cemetery and it was also not on our way so we reconfigured and planned to go home straight, since we'd been walking nonstop for a really long time. Got to Forest Hills station -- first time on foot for me! -- took a bunch of pics, walked around Arnold Arboretum. What an interesting place, such well manicured and well-taken-care trees and plants. You can read each specimen's name and history, like at a zoo. Maybe an arboretum is a zoo, but for plants? Should look of the definition at some point. 

Walked back, so so so very tired. We made chatpate with bhujia, chiura and chauchau, I got onions, tomato and lemons to pour down. AD and I enjoyed it, JD had some but she wasn't happy about it. For me it was pretty much the dinner.

For dinner we made rice dal and eggplants, the eggplants we tried roasting first, forgot the oil, then tried frying, but they weren't cooked well. I put a TONNE of ghiu on my plate with little rice dal and vegetable and finished it real quick. The other two were a little disappointed and made more things, so I excused myself because they made more things to make the rice palatable, at that point it was a different meal altogether. Loved the ghiu, loved the meal. I was already full from the chatpate.

Before bed we watched a horror movie, the Swedish movie that inspired the Hollywood remake Let me In. It's about vampires and the humanity of monsters. We contrasted that against the lack of humanity of humans in Get Out. Boy the swedes really know how to put heart and soul into a movie, turn what would have been a vampire thriller into pretty much a love story.

Slept at around 11. Listened to podcasts as I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.