Good news, celebratory walk and exploring town, Chinatown and banh mi, momos, disagreeable tv watching [Sat 7]

 The news was good, by Saturday morning we were celebrating and calling each other at the massive misfortune and potential disequilibrium in global stability we had escaped. At least for two years, hopefully for six, eight ten years.

Watched a bunch of tv in the morning, had breakfast of the leftovers of fritters from the previous morning, and rice etcetera. The rest of the gang was going out to meet young kids of their friends, I was going to walk all the way to Boston to chill at Primark Uniqlo and look at the celebrations.

The walk to Boston was uneventful albeit a bit exciting. College-aged and older women running around with masks and various celebratory masks, cars honking in celebration, people's faces turned bright suddenly glowing with relief, it was a scene. Folks banging on their pots and pans etcetera. There was a huge 'parade' of cars around Boston Common, the two public parks themselves were packed with families and friends celebrating their close escape from the darkness and gloom that would have accompanied the fascism.

Walked into Primark checked out if they had anything good. Nothing that I wanted. It was boring really, I have enough winter clothing, I don't need anything new, don't even wear the clothes I already have. Walked out thought of getting the veggie burger at Tasty Burgers in DTX, maybe with fries etcetera on the side. Waited for about five minutes, staff was so busy nobody came to the counter to take my order. I was annoyed and left. Walked to Chinatown because why not, stopped at the Chinese bakery that also sells Banh Mi that I last hung out with TTW, my coworker from the previous place who has since moved to Seattle. Got a banh mi and what I thought was a rice dessert. Added a bean donut. The man looked at me judgmentally so I tripled the order for desserts.

Since I was full and had supplies, I walked about Chinatown, had my meal near the gate. There was a scary looking dude who had a pointy thing by his side and I was very confident it was a small pistol and there was going to be some sort of shooting in there I was freaking out but he just went, it was such a relief. Walked all the way back. So very tired.

Back home in Brookline we made momos, all veggies, to celebrate the Biden win. Potatoes included, something JD hadn't done before. We listened to a Nepali podcast on the side, I had too many issue with it, and it turned out it was hosted by people I already know so that aggravated me even more because I did really expect so much more from them. After a single episode we shut it off.

Had the momos, donuts and the rice cake for dessert. As it turned out, the rice cake was savory, with meat and beans, so it was a handy meal, I thought it was a sweet think. I remembered the man in the store asking to confirm something I assumed it was not important in retrospect he must have been asking if I really wanted the savory rice with my desserts.

Cleaned up pretty quick, JD was super happy about that. We tried watching something good on tv, couldn't agree on what would be good, and so we went to sleep. Everyone went to bed 1t 10.30, felt asleep at 12ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.