Early meditation, Walk to Boston, amazing outdoors brunch, hot and cold, political signs, roti-tarkari dinner, watching Get Out [Thu 5]

 JD woke me early in the morning because I'd asked her to, and we meditated for an hour. I've noticed the perfect length for meditation for me is 20 minutes. I fall asleep after that. After the 40/45 minute mark if I'm still awake I have great trouble focusing and get fidgety, not because I find meditation boring but my body absolutely rejects wanting to sit at the same place trying to focus on one thing. It'll be a good idea to force myself to meditate for longer than that and training to go for longer lengths.

The other folks got quick breakfast I had nothing because I'm not used to eating early in the morning and don't get hungry either. AD left at 9am, we left at 10.30 ish. Getting up early is so great because by the time the Sun is really out you've done so much you feel like you've got the entire day ahead. You feel accomplished by the time others are getting out of the groggs. Getting up at 6, some workout some meditation some walk, some writing a little bit of working and a whole lot of working would be so great. Morning person, that's where I need to be at.

JD and I headed out for Boston on foot, took us an hour and fifteen minutes to get to our destination. Our destination was this awesome breakfast place called The Friendly toast. I was afraid they'd be close to shutting down because of Covid and everything else and no customers but luckily even on a working day morning there was a good crowd of brunch-havers there, which made me feel good about the place. The sandwich place below our former office, my favourite, where I got my breakfast sandwich every other week or so has closed down possibly forever, things aren't looking for small places.

This particular one was well-liked and for good reason. The thing I had...some scrambled egg thing with avocado toast, and corn-bread with mollases, was great. Someone really thought through the recipe, the fattiness, the texture and all of it and it showed. Our server was one of the friendliest servers I've ever had, we tipped him well in the end. He kept bringing glasses of water in front of me. It felt good seeing other brunchers drinking early in the morning. Here's to hoping the culture survives through the winter.

The weather was pretty warm, though if you were in the shadows it got so cold and windy you had to wear a jacket. A little confusing. Two of my walking partners went to TJ's in back bay, the folks there didn't let me in because they were trying to avoid unnecessary people from the same group which was fair enough. I spent 40/50 minutes outside ambling about reading up on the news and just chilling, looking at cute women passing by which in retrospect sounds a little bit creepy but I was bored and not being creepy and I was mostly on my phone anyway.

Carried pretty heavy load on my backpack and hand. We planned on returning back on a bus, with the option to walk. Walked to Kenmore to take a bus, decided against it. We took the 'scenic route' from the 'emerald necklace' back home.

Saw a bunch of super democratic political signs on the way, which felt good.

Again, the lunch was very heavy for me, I was not hungry at all so I skipped on eating but the rest of the gang had a bunch of food. I had roti-tarkari again, they had a big serving of quinoa salad, some sort of sweet gourd, and roasted almonds. They roasted the almonds at home. Such a great idea! You can exactly decide the texture and flavor, it's unclear if I've had roasted almonds before because they were so good, like roasted peanuts from back home.

After dinner we watched the horror-comedy Get Out, great film always wanted to see it hadn't gotten around. Great ending, great story, great reveals. Had a good time with it.

Went to bed at 11-12, sometime, unclear when, still a little anxious about the elections, mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.