Election day, freaking finally, and freakouts [Tue 3]

 The entire goddamn day I stressed about the elections. Had oats for breakfast I remember that, and perhaps something pretty heavy for lunch. Skipped dinner because I was supposed to order in, but got the gigglies, and ended up not doing it because elections.

Also missed my counselor's meeting because I was too busy making myself not too anxious, forgot to put the counselor's appointment on calendar. Realized that I missed it only when I got the email from him. Fucking phone didn't notify, saw it an hour later. If only I'd seen it before, alas. I might have to pay no-show fee, that would suck but it's only fair.

I didn't do anything at work. Nobody posted any chats or issues either, it was eerily quiet, the calm before the storm like they say. Check email, check messages, check all the websites for news and projections. Reply in chat groups. Pray to the gods. Hope for the best.

In the evening ND and friend of the house "I" showed up to watch elections, so there was five of us, PK BB and me, plus the two guests. The first few hours were fun and happy, then the scary results started coming in and everyone freaked out. Trauma from 2016. I took the gigglies, it made me tired. I kept reminding them of the red mirage but they were too scared to believe. I bet each of them $25 bucks that Biden would win, which they happily took. The $75 I offered for others in various Viber groups, nobody took, I got too greedy. I was tired and very gigglied, so I went to bed at 1. Unclear if I fell asleep or I spent the next few hours talking or imagining things because the next thing I know I'm looking at the phone clock it's 3.30 in the morning and I'm freaking out that I'm not asleep yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.