Daylong writing, walk to Cambridge and back, catchup with friends, oatmeal breakfast, heavy couscous dinner, everything caught up, limited meditation [Mon 28]

 I write this at 11.50 of the same day, finally caught up with everything I wanted to do. I want to be writing super-duper extra for the upcoming days so the numbers look nicely padded up for the year-end, and then just forget about this rush situation. Just do my work right, go on walks, to my meditation, and write when I must. And if I forget, I forget, I shouldn't be feeling pathetic and trying to set things right, that's not a good reason to give myself anxiety, as if I don't have things to worry about.

I got up at 10-ish, because of all the sleep issues, watched a fuckton of taskmaster in the morning, then listened to various podcasts. Wrote like seven posts, after doing a meditation for creativity, then had a big fat bowl of savory oats. Chilled out, watched more youtube, roommate BB was back, caught up with him etcetera. On my walk, called friend AKS in Seattle, and talked to him for the entirety of the walk, almost two hours. Came back, talked to PN in VA for another hour, had to go because I was too hungry.

Walked to Market basket, didn't go in, took the street to near porter square, and walked back, came in from the 7-11. It used to be a standard route, hadn't taken it in a while though.

Had a piece of the chicken wings that pK and BB ordered from BonChon, had been a long time since I had had chicken. The flavor of the crust was really good, but the taste and texture was meh, and the chicken smelled too...'chickeny', and it was difficult to get the flavor out. I brushed really hard to get the smell of meat out of my mouth.

Researched making a temperature-controlled box for several hours, can't forget that.

Made a nice couscous dinner, boiled pearled couscous in butter, kimchi, epicy timmur achaar, gochujang, chickpeas, lime juice, and everything good we had in the house. As meals go, it was alright, definitely something to be worked on, though I could definitely eat it at least once a week if I was told it was extraordinarily healthy or something.

Then did one of the meditations, and got writing, thought I'd do the other remaining one later, but I was too greedy to get it all done on time, so I've done only 2 meditations, one which was a 'catchup', and it's almost midnight. No matter, tomorrow I'm open to doing 80 minutes of meditation, as long as I'm getting up early in the morning, and spending a decent amount of time on  my work stuff. Work is a part of life, I know I want to reject it and deny it, but it's a fact of life right now, and I need to do well, it's embarrassing if I'm slacking off, I'm not against it in a political or personal sense. So I need to be proactive. And meditation's been helping me figure things out.

It's exactly midnight now. Gonna drink me some water, alas since I'm so thirsty, and go to sleep. I'm tired, it should be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.