The last day of THE YEAR, fruity cinnamon sandwich, walk to Brookline, chimichanga dinner, new years youtubing [Thu 31]

 I write this three days after the day ended, backdating the post. It's because I was in Brookline, and not in an amazing state of mind, due to not getting sleep, so I was grumpy and youtubey all these days. Now that it's sunday morning and I'm ready for the workweek to begin, we can finally talk about the day.

Got up at 10'ish, the regular time I've been waking up, and made myself a fruity brunch sandwich. Four of the remaining slices of the sweet pepperidge farm bread, the stale af bread which was the worst I'd ever had, still needed to finish that. Toasted the slices, put a thic layer of peanut butter on top, bananas, and two of the small pears. Ate the larger slices cos' they wouldn't fit.  Have to work towards improving the shape of the cut fruits so they fit in the sandwich. Sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar powder. It was amazing, and so healthy too! I'd happily have it at least once a week, this fruit sandwich.

Wrote a bunch of posts here in the morning, talked to ED after a long time, about future plans, meditation, options for evaluating a new house etcetera. Received my ordered fancy chef's knife before heading out, didn't open the package though. Watched some youtube too. In the afternoon, headed out for Brookline, listening to the office. Stopped by Microcenter to get earbuds for JD.

Got to Brookline, chilled, watched tv, we ordered burritos and chimichangas from the nearby taqueria. It took a little over 2.5 hours to arrive, at which point we'd almost given up on the food, and planning on making something. Absolutely devoured it, I was so full. We also got some fried sweet plantains on my insistence, put that over ice cream, it was pretty great.

For new years we did nothing more than watch youtube videos, mostly the ashish and nahee ones. Talked to a couple of friends, wished them and texted them. Watched more videos, was up until 2 in the morning with the gang, the latest we've ever been.

And then KP called, and we talked for the following like three, four, hours. It was great, amazing to get caught up.

Went to sleep at 6.30 in the morning. Wasn't much sleep there. Which made me supremely grumpy the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.