Screwy sleeping, lowkey lunch, halfday, solid dinner, nowalks, rush to sleep [Thu 10]

 I write this on Saturday morning. More on that later.

So I didn't sleep for too long. It took me forever to go to sleep, and then I got up relatively early, couldn't sleep back. Did two out of the three meditations and just one writing in the morning. Figured I'd be able to keep it with the sleep, the new meditation situation would be helpful. Nope.

The morning was decently productive, nothing really exciting, but as they day went I realized my mind was shutting down. As in, there was a thick fog of nothingness, cognition severely impaired, and I knew what was up. Hadn't been able to sleep for more than maybe 8 or nine good hours in the previous 48 hours due to one reason or another. I needed to sleep, and I needed sleep real bad.

So at lunch, which was a couple of slices of bread with butter and hummus and tomatoes, maybe I put in some eggs, don't remember, I informed my team and manager I'd be off for the rest of the day due to illness. For legit, I could've fallen down.

Slept for a few short hours, couldn't really sleep. Felt confused and a little angsty the rest of the day. Tried to get my third meditation of the day going, but that didn't work out either, the headspace app was broken but for exactly only the series I wanted.

In the evening I had brown rice with dal, since ND was over. SO filling, so grateful, it was amazing. I should be eating more carbs, of the rice kind. Rice and dal is really easy to plan, filling healthy, and adding a veggie or another carb or protein is a simple matter really. Have ignored that for the last many years I know.

Didn't go to sleep, I watched tv, don't remember what but we talked, watched tv chilled a bit all of that. About 9.30-10, I went to sleep, didn't have too much trouble sleeping but owh boy was my body tired.

The sleep was sound, generally speaking, except the few times I had to get up to pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.