When I met myself

 Why should I trust you/?

Well, of course you should trust me, who're you going to trust?

How can I be sure it's you, you look a little like me, but not too much, a grotesque version I can see, maybe you're from the evil universe, maybe you're one of the bad guys, and besides if you're here to convince me, you already know if the task's been done or not, so why should I put myself in danger?

Hey, I know you okay, haven't you wanted to do this all your life? You're still thinking, I did it, I finally listened to myself for a change, and sent a future version to my past version to change the events, I can feel it, I remember, just bits and pieces but I remember alright...

Hmmm. So what does it to? Is it going to be used to kill somebody? What if I die because of it? Or will it protect me? Can you teach me how to use it? It's lame carrying something inside your pocket all the time not knowing what it does. I want to know, what does it do, just tell me.

Fine okay, I don't know what it does or how it works alright, you got me, but I do know this, I've been sent to hand you this to protect you from bad things happening in the future, and with this in your pocket, nothing bad will happen.

I dunno, I'm a pretty careless person as you know, I could lose it. What happens if I lose it, is it going to be the end of the universe or something because I'm not ready for that. Or like, it'll be a hassle to explain to people why I want to save it with my life. And the cops could ask me, you never no, what am I gonna tell them, uhh sorry officer, it's something somebody gave to me, somebody I think may have been a future version of me, to protect me, he said he doesn't understand how it works either, and I believe that officer because I wouldn't have the brain power to understand the science either. Yeah big fat good that's gonna do to me, as if I'm looking for more trouble.

You're not going to lose it, listen, trust me, you're going to be fine. Just avoid losing it, and if you do give it a decent chance to find you back. The way it works is...it just...disappears if it doesn't detect you after a while, it doesn't...activate, that's what they told me, without you being around, so nobody's going to be using it in a bad way or anything. It's just a mini umbrella, see, you can show the coppers this and they're gonna be just so fine with it, don't freak out on me boy there's nothing strange going on around alright.

So you say, but nobody's repeated that so many times without being one. You said you didn't know anything about it, but clearly you know at least a little bit. I'll do it but you gotta give me something in return, lets make a deal.

Ugh, you want information about the future don't you, how it's all gonna turn out yadda yadda yadda.

Yea and don't you bullshit about breaking the rules and what not because you know I can see through that kinda lie already. I don't want the details, not even the year or the decade of you know...ugh...parents grandparents friends, don't want to know who goes first etcetera, would only make me depressed I understand. I mean, it's gonna happen I know, in the not too distant future, but that's for the future me to bother over, maybe you, it's not me. I'm okay with that. What I want to know is, will I be alright?

I don't want to bum you out. Here's the simple answer. Keep meditating. One hour, two hour. Lots of anxiety control practice, practice working stessful conditions. It won't be just you trust be, bad things are a-coming, and I say this not just as a future-person but somebody who's living. You can see it all too, can't you, how can things be going well when the state of the affairs is...you know. And here's the bummer part, it won't improve, it'll just sort of peter out, it's a very boring dystopia. What you will need to do is learn to take care of yourself and people around you. Keep yourself safe, put your mask on before you help anybody out. You know the drill...

Okay fine jerkass, hatever, just give me the thing, whatever, gosh you didn't have to reveal your guts man I wanted the generals alright, not the...ugh. Yeah I guess I gotta up the meditation now, gotta be an adulllt and what not. Of course, it's not like I was going to get a break anyway. Thanks man, hope it's working out for you.

It's...it's not too bad. Just remember, this is the best life you can live, so enjoy every moment, the thick and the thin, go out with joy, love everybody, treat people with kindness. It'll pay back stupendously, trust me on that.

Mmm. I'll see you then. Bye dude.

Yeah, I just met. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.