Late wake, early morning meet, unproductive day, simple lunch, long walk, second-hand dinner, very late to sleep [Mon 21]

 It was the Monday of the week when the break begins! I got up very close to 8.30 because I went to sleep quite late. Rushed to the meeting at 8.30, it was supposed to last 30 minutes, went on for close to two hours because I just talked and talked and talked to my coworker, it was a lot of fun, lots of catching up. In terms of writing at work, I didn't do any, I didn't do any work either, just wasted my time the entire day really. That's all that happened.

For lunch I had bread with tahini and eggs and a couple of other things, sandwich of sorts, don't remember what it was. Watched tonne more youtubes and talked a bit to coworkers, but again not much happened, I really really hope I can get my focus back because this is not turning out to be so good, it seems my ability to focus at work has completely disappeared, my mind just fogs and blanks out when I'm trying to work on something good.

In the evening I wrote a little bit, meditated for the 2 sessions, headed out for a walk quite late, back in exactly an hour, had the leftovers from the roommates for dinner because I wasn't too hungry. And then back in front of the desk. I did another round of meditation, and forced myself to write. I did what I think was two good pieces, and not much more hard as I tried. It was very very late going to sleep, a lot of it wholly wasted on nonsensical stuff, agh this poor sleep cycle is just messing me up.

The walk was fun, went the winterhill-powderhouse-bostonave route, listening to podcasts, yadda yadda yadda, it's still wildly cold, and my head hurts when I'm out but things are not as bad as they could be. And mind you this was the shortest day of the year technically but it didn't really feel so awful, so things are looking up and up. Took such nice pics of snow-covered bushes that were illuminated by electric lights from the insides, they looked like colored frostings. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.