Looking forward to 2021

It's the last day of the year 2020, ahh what a year, a year we wish to forget, to remove from our lives, and a number from our ages, for if we didn't really live it, why must we could it in that odd number that goes with us where we go?

To be quite brutally honest, it wasn't too too awfully difficult or challenging, I spent many months with my friends, more so than a regular year except they were just bunched together, spent a good fat amount of time in Philly, the festive celebrations were had in Boston, something that had not been happening for many years now. And owh, before I forget, Nepal and Singapore and what an incredibly exciting time that was, the family reunions, the weddings the sights and smells. Good times them, the before times.

The year has come to an end, but the pandemic has not, we still gotta be careful and on our best behavior. They're saying the vaccines will be here available in May, though doctors and epidemiologists suggests we should not be out and about until next September/October, particularly if we are immuno-compromised. That sucks for my dear IA and several other people I know, hoping I'm going to be a little better off myself.

2021 will also be the year when several of my near and dears including family will get into grad school near me, which will be another stage in life, easier to plan things around when your family and friends are close to where you want to be for the long-term. Speaking of long term, the new year will bring new plans, new ideas, decisions, interesting things. Will have to see where they go.

Last year and the end of December I declared 2020 to be the year of ME, and it's not unfair to say I accomplished a lot of what I set out to do. In different ways than planned but considering the circumstances, it's been great I'd say. The writing's been fiiine, the meditations have been coming along quite well, the EAP sessions have been running smoothly, and I'm getting more interested at work. And the long-term 'where do I want to be' problem has been solved in the big picture. The small details, the important bits remain but they too shall be figured out in the coming year, there's no doubt.

I wanted to get a book written and hopefully published by the coming birthday. That's not going to happen. It could if I put in a heckuva lot of effort, but not going to be doing that. All this writing has taught me that yes there is a real desire in me to be published and read, but to also produce good content. I 'm not a particularly gifted person which means it's going to have to be the the hard way, with a lot of difficult hillclimbing, tears, frustrations and so many lessons learned. The journey won't be easy, but it'll be worth it.

I'm quite confident if I go at this pace, in a year I'll be a lot more confident in writing a book and getting it published. It wouldn't come off as a surprise if there was an 'output' a finished first or third draft out there sitting, ready to be seen by the close and the trusty, waiting to find a good editor. What a gift that would be.

Lotsa' things to look forward to in the new year. Lotsa decisions and adult choices to make. It's going to be a bit stressful but exhilarating. SO long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.