Not much happened, egg salad sandwich, midday nap, catching up on meditation, writing, Hafiz [Sat 12]

 Woke up late, didn't do much. It rained all day long I think,  didn't go out, it was dark and gloomy so annoying since I planned on going to the Haymarket but couldn't because rain.

A bit of youtube in the morning, wrote a little bit, talked to a few of my abroad friends in the morning. Couldn't force myself to write, waited for an 'inspiration'. This is a topic I haven't broached in a really long time in these pages which is a big big achievement for me, the concept of 'writers block' but when I'm under no time pressure I really seem to let myself off easy and pay more attention to being distracted than actually getting anything done.

Around midday made myself a big fat egg salad sandwich on toasted bread which had been put in the freezer. So soft! It was confusing because I'd never had toast so soft, and this was right out of the freezer too. What a brilliant idea, need to be doing more of this.

Got bored, since haymarket was cancelled, not much else to do so I napped from like 3 to 8. I really really wanted it to be the next morning AKA today but it wasn't, the day remained the same which was the best. Sleeping for 15+ hours is probably not too good for the body.

In the evening got caught up on the meditation, got into a really good headspace. Explored more meditation related resources. On the UCSD site for meditation, I saw this poem by Hafiz which got me super interested so I downloaded a couple of collections of poems by Hafiz and read through most of them, as an evaluation of the quality. Very high quality, I approved. Thinking of giving his poetry collections as gifts to close friends. We'll see. Then hafiz wasn't enough and I looked up another sufi poet and political critic of the era famous for ribald jokes, downloaded translations of his work and read through all of them too. I didn't understand some of the jokes, to be fair they've lost a bunch of the context.

The poem by Hafiz, by the way, called Admit Something is this:

Everyone you see, you say to them,
Love me.
Of course you do not do this out loud;

Otherwise,
Someone would call the cops.

Still though, think about this,
This great pull in us
To connect.

Why not become the one
Who lives with a full moon in each eye
That is always saying,
With that sweet moon language,
What every other eye in this world
Is dying to Hear.

 Read more poems by Hafiz, sent a couple of snippets to the 'adorable women' in my life, they enjoyed generally. Asked friends if they read Hafiz funnily enough nobody's replied wtf I'm a little pissed. More texting international friends, went to sleep at 2-2.30 in the morning which was alright for this day because of the four-hour sleep earlier.

As I write this on the Sunday evening it's 9.55, so I'm an hour late but it's alright, I'll skip the pushups, read up a page of the campbell's book and fun sleep it'll be. Tomorrow I'll only need to catch up on today instead of many many days, that'll not be so hard.

Good night peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.