On my song obesession

I cannot listen to a song just once. Never, if I like it.

Take The Lion Sleeps Tonight, for example. Most recently presented in the Lion King movie, but there's been renditions since the 1940's, my favourite one is the latest by Billy Eichner, and the one by The Tight Fit from the 80's. I've listened to perhaps two dozen different versions, after googling for it because I heard it on the office the other day. It's stuck in my head, there's absolutely no way I can seem to get rid of it.

And that's the normal way these things have evolved too. If something catches my ears, it's an earbug, I'll listen to it until I can't listen no more, nonstop. Day or night, in or out, sleeping or showering, nothing matters. I. Must. Listen. To. The. Song.

On loop. I've listened to certain songs for at least maybe five hundred times, on loop, pondering over each tune and note and beat, whatever. Not that I'm a connoisseur of the arts. I'm an addict, a tame one who's a pretty easy sell. This guy ain't getting into 'em drugs for this very reason.

Fortunately, the songs sorta burned out now, I've only listened to it a dozen times, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, today. You know what, it'd be amazing in a serious shootout scene in a dark comedy. They played it in the Cybermen torture scene in Dr. Who, but it'd be kickass if there was a lot of blood violence and gore happening on-screen, with it playing in the background. Something about the imagery of a 'lion', and 'sleeping tonight', idk.

Speaking of which, some claim the lion 'sleeping' is a metaphor for limited sexual performance by men in a tryst. Dunno how much I believe that, but it seems like the fun kind of lie I should be spreading around more.

I write this from my chromebook, my first post from the device straight, and it's a rather underwhelming experience truth be told, not at all what I imagined. The battery life is incredible, mad props for that, but I'm so used to the screen and resolution of my regular screen, and the pixel to word ratio, I'm being thrown off. It's fine whatever.

More will be written on it, i'm confident. Wait for the updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.