Limiting my groceries for the forseeable future because bad things will happen

 I went to wegmans today and did sixty bucks worth of groceries, which is about ten times more expensive than the average grocery trip I've been having in the last few months. As I wrote about two months ago, I've been going on grocery trips every day or every other day because that was a great use of my time, walking exploring new things, exploring the neighborhood while doing something good.

But the numbers are too high and the grocery trips are the most dangerous things we do by far. I could do them in the morning but still, it just doesn't work out, it's scary.

So I went in today, bought a tonne of canned food, potatoes, two different kinds of squashes, lots of ramen, a few fresh veggies and fruits, lots of frozen veggies too. I have flour that would last me two weeks, grains that'll last me another solid week, and using everything I have, I could probably go a month no questions asked. Not that it'll come to that, but I want to get as close to that as I can. It's easy to just pile on one ingredient after another in your pantry, forgetting to use it all and in the end you have a little bit of this, a little bit of that, never using everything until you  have to throw a decent portion of your pantry out because things go bad unused.

It will be great. I'll have an egg every day. Some form of fruits once a day. Dairy in form of yogurt or kefir. Potatoes. Carbs through bread or my millet/barley flours. Protein in moong beans, chickpeas black beans, mushrooms etcetera. Minerals through the fruits, fresh veggies, tomatoes. Everything else comes from the kimchi. Good opportunity to eat through my kimchi as well.

It's going to be fun, a challenge for myself to make it through this insane level of pandemic without endangering myself or those around me.

The walks will go on, the destination will be different. Unclear where the walks will be, the winter hill route honestly I don't enjoy it's going to be a backup one, there's enough cute places in Cambridge Somerville for me to worry about. It'd be cool to have a walking buddy, my roommates have mostly abandoned walking in the morning and they walk in the morning.

Mornings are for my projects now. That's the reason for waking up early, otherwise I'm having difficulty getting myself to wake up. Why wake up, I ask myself, there's no reason for getting up so early, despite sleeping for eight whole hours. This will be a topic of a future post.

It was heavy, all those things, don't remember when it was last I carried such weight. Probably last November if not earlier. Because December I spent with TD, Jan-Feb I was gone, March through July/August I was out, then it was those smaller trips. So it reminds me of olden times.

As with all things, it's a work in progress. We'll see what comes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.